Follow by email

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm no good at this. Are you sure you mean ME? And what about my nice quiet little life?


Exodus 4:10-15

English Standard Version (ESV)Bible Gateway link


10 But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” 11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.” 13 But he said, “Oh, my Lord, please send someone else.” 14 Then the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses and he said, “Is there not Aaron, your brother, the Levite? I know that he can speak well. Behold, he is coming out to meet you, and when he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. 15 You shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth, and I will be with your mouth and with his mouth and will teach you both what to do.



3 comments:

  1. "...Then the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses...". What frightening words!!! Oh the kindness of God that Moses didn't become a crispy-critter but Aaron was sent to be his helper. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of those who believe this nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Religious people believe this, atheist's think it's all nonsense, and those in power see it as a useful tool. Which one do you want to be?

    ReplyDelete