Follow by email

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Whatever we're given is not enough! Whatever we do is too hard! Overcoming our human nature is a true act of faith. No wonder God loves a grateful heart.

Numbers 11:4-15

Now the rabble that was among them had a strong craving. And the people of Israel also wept again and said, “Oh that we had meat to eat!

We remember the fish we ate in Egypt that cost nothing, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic.

But now our strength is dried up, and there is nothing at all but this manna to look at.”

Now the manna was like coriander seed, and its appearance like that of bdellium.

The people went about and gathered it and ground it in handmills or beat it in mortars and boiled it in pots and made cakes of it. And the taste of it was like the taste of cakes baked with oil.

When the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell with it.

Moses heard the people weeping throughout their clans, everyone at the door of his tent. And the anger of the Lord blazed hotly, and Moses was displeased.

Moses said to the Lord, “Why have you dealt ill with your servant? And why have I not found favor in your sight, that you lay the burden of all this people on me?

Did I conceive all this people? Did I give them birth, that you should say to me, ‘Carry them in your bosom, as a nurse carries a nursing child,’ to the land that you swore to give their fathers?

Where am I to get meat to give to all this people? For they weep before me and say, ‘Give us meat, that we may eat.’

I am not able to carry all this people alone; the burden is too heavy for me.

If you will treat me like this, kill me at once, if I find favor in your sight, that I may not see my wretchedness.”

Bible Gateway link

4 comments:

  1. Moses Reached the end of His Rope being in Management or Leadership sometimes is More difficult stressful and tiring than the Rank & File who like to Critique and create Problems.

    I was reading Deuteronomy 31-6 Last Night God was Talking about Leadership and Following and Having Trust in Him

    These two Meld together as a Rule Of Action Through Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great passage. Shows God uses those who are sometimes weak and reluctant. It gives all of us reason to believe He can use us! So glad Brit tweets these...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds us that even if some get vouchers & money for food, some will complain there is no money for parties, McDonald's, Restaurants or Liquor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much has changed in the world since those days Israel was in the desert- but human nature is the same.

    1 Corinthians 10:11-12
    These things happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us who live at the end of the age.If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.

    ReplyDelete