Follow by email

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The recurring theme: God keeps His promises. We fail because we have a choice. God has no choice, He is ever faithful. It is who He is. Choose to obey, it works out better.

Joshua 23:14-16

“Behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth. And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed.

Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all the good things have come upon you which the Lord your God promised you, so the Lord will bring upon you all harmful things, until He has destroyed you from this good land which the Lord your God has given you.

When you have transgressed the covenant of the Lord your God, which He commanded you, and have gone and served other gods, and bowed down to them, then the anger of the Lord will burn against you, and you shall perish quickly from the good land which He has given you.”

Bible Gateway link (NKJV)

1 comment:

  1. I have Meniere's disease. I never have a quiet moment anymore, even when I sleep or try to pray. The only time I seem to be able to pray anymore is when I take a walk like I did when I was a newspaper boy. Its what I did. I prayed as I walked, as I delivered papers.
    When I go to Meinrad's, Gethsemane, I never have the quiet that others value. I have to walk the fields, like the sower to get that same feeling, that you take for granted.
    So tomorrow,when I take a walk, I'll ponder what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete