Follow by email

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Such patience! From Adam all the way to David, from David all the way to Jesus. One generation of flawed humans after another to build this kingdom, this house and kingdom that God fulfilled for us in the body of Christ.

2 Samuel 7:12-17
  (God speaking to David through the prophet Nathan)

“When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.



He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

Bible Gateway link

1 comment:

  1. I believe he was talking about Solomon there:
    “‘“And Jehovah has told you that a house is what Jehovah will make for you. 12 When your days come to the full, and you must lie down with your forefathers, then I shall certainly raise up your seed after you, which will come out of your inward parts; and I shall indeed firmly establish his kingdom. 13 He is the one that will build a house for my name, and I shall certainly establish the throne of his kingdom firmly to time indefinite. 14 I myself shall become his father, and he himself will become my son. When he does wrong, I will also reprove him with the rod of men and with the strokes of the sons of Adam. 15 As for my loving-kindness, it will not depart from him the way I removed it from Saul, whom I removed on account of you. 16 And your house and your kingdom will certainly be steadfast to time indefinite before you; your very throne will become one firmly established to time indefinite.”’”
    Jesus never did wrong! therefore he never need to be repremanded

    ReplyDelete