Follow by email

Saturday, June 1, 2013

I have a recurring dream about a huge wave. In the abundance of His steadfast love, by faith in his salvation, I have been delivered from the enemy.

Psalm 69:13-15
But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord.
At an acceptable time, O God,
in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.
Ben James photo
Deliver me 
from sinking in the mire; 
let me be delivered from my enemies
and from the deep waters.
Let not the flood sweep over me,
or the deep swallow me up,
or the pit close its mouth over me.
Bible Gateway link

5 comments:

  1. You have found yet another beautiful set of words, from the Lord. QUite comforting. Thank you. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pray when I read my daily bible readings, for guidance from the Holy Spirit. It is so cool when something that comes to me touches someone reading the blog. Your message is very encouraging.

      Delete
  2. The Bible, from Genesis to Kings, suggests violent times during which the request for deliverance from enemies must have been a common prayer. In the mist of the chaos lived Ruth, who along with Naomi, traveled from Moab to Bethlehem. Ruth's story does not mention the violence. (It does not say how the husbands died.) I wonder if Ruth and Naomi must have asked for deliverance, even though the story does not mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kim, thank you for sharing your journey with us, what a blessing... a little feast in my inbox.
    I have been thinking about your wave dreams, a friend of mine has a recurring wave dream also.
    Years ago, during an especially overwhelming season of my life, I felt the Lord speak to me out of Psalm 42 (the whole psalm is wonderfully comforting) but verse 7 in particular: "Thy waves and Thy billows have gone over me." Everything in my being relaxed; I was then able to surrender to what I didn't understand and to what even scared me- the unknown is often scary - because I realized that it was God Himself was doing a work in me for His purpose. It has changed the way I view overwhelming circumstances...

    ReplyDelete