Follow by email

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Send them a text. How about Instagram. It doesn't matter how you do it, just tell your children about His strength, that they might set their hope in God.

Psalm 78:1-8

Give ear, O my people, to my law;
Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will utter dark sayings of old,

Which we have heard and known,
And our fathers have told us.
We will not hide them from their children,
Telling to the generation to come the praises of the Lord,
And His strength and His wonderful works that He has done.
For He established a testimony in Jacob,
And appointed a law in Israel,
Which He commanded our fathers,
That they should make them known to their children;
That the generation to come might know them,
The children who would be born,
That they may arise and declare them to their children,
That they may set their hope in God,
And not forget the works of God,
But keep His commandments;
And may not be like their fathers,
A stubborn and rebellious generation,
A generation that did not set its heart aright,
And whose spirit was not faithful to God.

Bible Gateway link (NKJV)

5 comments:

  1. Excellent. Great to see a Blog like this. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading it. And thanks for the encouragement.
      Kim Hume

      Delete
  2. The Lord is working on me and my difficulty in completely surrendering my only child Jenny who just turned 30 on Flag Day (always on June 14th). Jennifer is in rehab for a second time, and is learning things though she's made it clear the place is not calm nor well-supervised.

    I have the Serenity Prayer on my desk (I got one for me and one for my daughter in 2012 for a buck each from a dollar store).

    Again, I speak to the stubborn and rebellious generation without fear now. The neighborhood kids when smaller/younger, liked me, but later, as they became young teens, they mingled with new kids on the corner who didn't want to respect elders on a Sunday morning.

    Thereafter began the deliberate taunting and teasing. Same boy who began the matter against me seemed to be gone later on for about 6 months. Not sure, but I think he did something elsewhere landing him in juvenile hall. He has not bothered me since.

    But a bit over a week ago, the neighborhood teens were gathered in the street in front of my house. As my friend passed them, she heard them refer to me again (as in years passed) in a derogatory manner. I confronted them without fear.

    I know it was of God for me to take that bull by the horns and call them out about their disrespect. I warned them that if their parents would not correct them, we would later see what should be done.

    Not wanting to threaten with police, I left it up to them to imagine what I might decide to do.

    I hope this in some way speaks to your discussion. Your blog is inspirational, and I appreciate the scriptures and commentary. Thank you, Kim Hume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments. It is so hard, it just seems like everything is falling apart. But it gives me courage to think this has happened through the ages and here we are, believers trying to be obedient. The Bible gives me courage and humility. I'm so glad you appreciate my blog. Kim Hume

      Delete
  3. very nice. obviously your parents influenced you greatly. love your father's work.

    better off staying with the 'Authorized Version'------------------more accurate.

    ReplyDelete