Follow by email

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

So this little portion of Psalm is in my reading this morning. I have been in pain and depressed. I wouldn't know how to sacrifice an ox. I do seek God! Let my heart revive. You too.

Psalm 69:29-33

But I am afflicted and in pain;
let your salvation, O God, set me on high!
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
This will please the Lord more than an ox
or a bull with horns and hoofs.
When the humble see it they will be glad;
you who seek God, let your hearts revive.
For the Lord hears the needy
and does not despise his own people who are prisoners.

Bible Gateway link

3 comments:

  1. for "all who take refuge in you will be glad...you will shelter them, so that those who love your Name may exult in you. For you, O Lord, will bless the righteous; you will defend them with your favor as with a shield." -from Psalm 5

    "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me under the shadow of your wings -Psalm 17:8

    I did not realize that "the apple of your eye" was Biblical!

    Thank you for these daily posts, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for your transparency - am praying for you! (and Thank-you for your Twitter Blessings!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your comments. Thank you for sharing them.

    Hopefully many seekers of the Lord will be drawn to Him through your sweet words of encouragement.

    May the Lord continue to show you more of His wonderful economy and eternal purpose.

    ReplyDelete