Follow by email

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'm told Job is one of the oldest books in the Bible. Think of all the centuries between then and now and yet today our hearts yearn within us, as Job's did, for exactly the same thing.

Job 19:25-27
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
Bible Gateway link

2 comments:

  1. The human condition and need does not change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Human nature includes animal and spiritual, not all positive. The brain has the three directing sources of behavior, reptile (reaction), limbic (reaction), and neocortex (free action). Reptile is concerned with survival, food, sex, etc! Limbic is the emotional! The Neocortex is the new mantle, free will, making choices!

    There is a prerequisite for the animal to open the window for the spiritual, for the restraining of materialism. To do well in human life there are social behavior survival prerequisites. Self-governance requires self-control of intellect, character development, the restraining of reptile appetites.

    Spirituality begins by developing the four pillars of character, prudence, temperance, fortitude, and justice. All the Saints started out in early adulthood powered by the animal within. @larrygrowe

    ReplyDelete