Follow by email

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Think how many of our thoughts are taken up by unwarranted fear. There is freedom in not being afraid. Be free! Dwell in his shelter, find refuge under his wings.

Psalm 91:1-6
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
Bible Gateway link

4 comments:

  1. As a Vietnam veteran suffering PTSD, this psalm has always been my favorite. My terror endured in the war - and from which reenactments have continued into the present - has not undermined my trust in this psalm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim. I need to hear this again and again, and again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so needed to hear this tonight! My hubby is out of town and I don't sleep when he's gone for fear of being in the house alone. These verses will be my prayer these next few days.

    ReplyDelete