Follow by email

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I'm in Isaiah in my daily bible reading and this is what the Prophet Isaiah has to say about Syria in today's text.

Isaiah 14:24-27

The Lord of hosts has sworn:
“As I have planned,
so shall it be,
and as I have purposed,
so shall it stand,
that I will break the Assyrian in my land,

and on my mountains trample him underfoot;
and his yoke shall depart from them,
and his burden from their shoulder.”
This is the purpose that is purposed
concerning the whole earth,
and this is the hand that is stretched out
over all the nations.
For the Lord of hosts has purposed,
and who will annul it?
His hand is stretched out,and who will turn it back?



8 comments:

  1. Joel Rosenburg's sermon (at Topeka Bible Church) was about Damascus- Isaiah 17/ Jeremiah 49. I'm reading Isaiah too, it has interesting similarities to today's news, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent that others are putting it together. One day soon every knee will bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I see children suffering, I want to say 'Even so, Lord Jesus, come.' But then I think how He is not willing that any should perish and ask for mercy for unbelieving friends and relatives. He is coming soon, and I must be about my Father's business. Thanks, Kim, for letting your light shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "How can God stand it?" I recently answered myself, "He has and is doing something about it," - in His Son and in those who love and follow Him.

      Delete
  4. Kim, thank you for sharing your faith and Biblical knowledge, especially publicly in today's war on Christianity. You are salt and light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, a weighty text that great minds have pondered for years and in varied quarters. May I suggest taking a look at the details of the Westminster Confession, chapter 5. Staggering stuff. On this end, it's far above my paygrade. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 95% of Christianity has been fooled by satan, the devil. Do you not believe me? Then type this address in, put the pointer over library, click literature and pick 3 books at a time. To understand the Bible in a way that will change you from a Laodicean to a Philadelphian then start with "Mystery of the Ages", then "The Incredible Human Potential." Everything free, no calling you or anything. This info will change your life as it did me in the last two years. I was converted in Jan. 1999 in San Jose, Ca. as an electrician during the heyday of the 90's. Jesus spoke of the true Gospel, which is "The Coming Kingdom of God" Todd texico77@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commented above but didn't leave an address, sorry. It is "thetrumpet.com

    Todd

    ReplyDelete