Follow by email

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This pleases me. The author of Hebrews is struck, as I was, by Jeremiah 31:31-34. (God) put his laws into our minds and wrote them on our hearts. "They shall all know me..."

Hebrews 8:10-13

 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel 

     after those days, declares the Lord:
  I will put my laws into their minds,
    and write them on their hearts,
  and I will be their God,
     and they shall be my people.
  And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
     and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,
  for they shall all know me,
     from the least of them to the greatest.
  For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
     and I will remember their sins no more.”

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.


4 comments:

  1. Love it! Don't forget to read Jeremiah 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But NO, the First Covenant is NOT obsolete! You're VERY incorrect about that! Yeshua said, "I did not come to abolish the law..."

    He came to show US how to live it! Gosh! Don't cut yourself out of the wonderful love of His Torah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your beef is with the writer of Hebrews - all Kim did was quote the Scripture.

      Delete
    2. Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. We are redeemed from the curse of the law. If you are lukewarm He will spew you out of his mouth. You cannot mix grace and law, to do so is to be lukewarm.

      Delete