Follow by email

Monday, December 16, 2013

Wait! I like my lofty dwelling, I earned it right? Wrong. Has the pride of my heart deceived me? Yes, and every time I get too big for my britches, I either wisely climb down from that rock or God keeps his promise: "I will bring you down."

Obadiah 1:3-4
The pride of your heart has deceived you,
  you who live in the clefts of the rock,
  in your lofty dwelling,
who say in your heart,
  “Who will bring me down to the ground?”
Though you soar aloft like the eagle,
  though your nest is set among the stars,
  from there I will bring you down,
declares the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great way of looking at it and a humbling message for today.
    I read Obadiah this summer. So interesting about the continuing conflict between Jacob and Esau which began in Genesis to the essence of Esau's bitterness, he rejected the blessing for a meal (Hebrews 12). So Esau stood aloof while aliens came in and did violence against Israel. The bad news is the judgment that ends The house of Esau (15-16), the good news is that some will escape and Jacob will stand (17-18). The lofty dwelling may seem great now but where do we end up? Always appreciate your take on the prophets.

    ReplyDelete