Follow by email

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I hate criticism and I hate to be rebuked. I'm trying to learn to love it, and see it as an opportunity. Oh how I want his spirit poured out on me. I want his words made known to me.

Proverbs 1:23-27

Turn at my rebuke;

Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.


Because I have called and you refused,

I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,

Because you disdained all my counsel,

And would have none of my rebuke,

I also will laugh at your calamity;

I will mock when your terror comes,

When your terror comes like a storm,

And your destruction comes like a whirlwind,
When distress and anguish come upon you.



3 comments:

  1. Book of Proverbs is the record of God's wisdom. Human nature, life, and needs are the same, but these maxims of WISDOM provides the highest guidance for common daily life. Wisdom is not merely the search, but also the discovery! Wisdom is God’s Being! Wisdom in the human mind consists in becoming acquainted with His Being. Spirit of Wisdom sees, seeks and keeps reality in true proportions. Wisdom is not achieved from rules, but from a love of God who pours the SPIRIT of wisdom upon the faithful, purifying thought to steady and enrich life. At some phase of life we turned a deaf ear to Wisdoms Call, some temporary, many permanent. Proverbs tells us of the bitter fruits of foolishness @larrygrowe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Larry,
    Happy New Year! I tweet a proverb every day. I think they spell out how best to live. Many are quite humorous, especially the ones about complaining wives.
    Best, Kim
    @humekim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ecclesiastes also has a wisdom and poetry of a Shakespeare!

      Delete