Follow by email

Sunday, January 12, 2014

It is one of the most powerful acts ever, simple kindness and consideration. Rebekah's kindness began the long genealogy to Christ. It is not surprising that one of his teachings, as I learned it was: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. His distant grandmother lived that teaching.

Genesis 24:16-19
The young woman was very attractive in appearance, a maiden whom no man had known. She went down to the spring and filled her jar and came up.

Then the servant ran to meet her and said, “Please give me a little water to drink from your jar.”
She said, “Drink, my lord.” And she quickly let down her jar upon her hand and gave him a drink.
When she had finished giving him a drink, she said, “I will draw water for your camels also, until they have finished drinking.”

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Rick,
      Wow, what a compliment. I happen to think the Word of God is perfect. It is such a humble pleasure to share my thoughts about it,
      Kim

      Delete