Follow by email

Thursday, January 16, 2014

There are so many things I need help understanding in the Bible. This is not one of them. Notice he says "take my yoke upon you, and learn from me." He's not taking your yoke, you need to take his. It's easy.

Matthew 11:28-30 (quoting Jesus)

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


3 comments:

  1. In a world that believes busyness is next to godliness, it is good to be reminded of Jesus' wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith can be shaken! Church dogmas fade! Science cannot explain! Politics is halter shelter, A yoke binds, couples and balances two things together. A yoke is an emblem of servitude. Coupling our conscience and values of God, Christ invites us to a volunteer servitude, to choose a shared lifetime of spiritual rest, peace of conscience, ease of mind, and tranquillity of soul. @larrygrowe

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Catholic Catechism will help

    ReplyDelete