Follow by email

Friday, March 28, 2014

A red letter confirmation by Jesus of his Father's promise to Moses. Both are in today's reading. Isn't that cool?

Deuteronomy 18:18
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.
Luke 4:17-19
And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
and recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for these words and your commitment to faith & Our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That promise in Isaiah was fulfilled by Jesus and all his other promises will be fulfilled, too! #keepbelieving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our God keeps His promises, Thank You God!

    ReplyDelete