Follow by email

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

It is remarkable how often my daily Bible passages are relevant to current news. The last two days these two passages were in my "1-Year Through the Bible" readings. Different Books different eras, same issue.




Psalm 129:5-6
Jerusalem Synagogue Attack  11-18-14
Kobi Gideon/Reuters
May all who hate Zion 
be put to shame and turned backward!
Let them be like the grass on the housetops,
which withers before it grows up,

Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 129:5-6 (ESV)

Masked Palestinians hold axes as they celebrate with others an attack on a Jerusalem synagogue.  Ibraheem Abu Mustafa/REUTERS

Ezekiel 28:25-26
“Thus says the Lord God: When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and manifest my holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they shall dwell in their own land that I gave to my servant Jacob.
And they shall dwell securely in it, and they shall build houses and plant vineyards. They shall dwell securely, when I execute judgments upon all their neighbors who have treated them with contempt. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God.”
Bible Gateway passage: Ezekiel 28:25-26 ESV





2 comments:

  1. I have been an admirer of Brit's since I first saw him on TV. I have found his reporting informative and useful for over 45 years. I keep him and his family in my prayers. I am pleased to have found this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious day that will be for Israel....and for the Nations. But in the meantime, terrible times lay ahead for them.

    ReplyDelete