Follow by email

Sunday, January 4, 2015

This is how it works! The devil uses our own knowledge to turn truth into a lie. Jesus knew how to combat lies with the truth. We can learn to do this too, with God's help.

Matthew 4:5-7
Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,
and said to Him,
 “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:
‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’
and,
‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”
Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’”
Bible Gateway link: Matthew 4:5-7 (NKJV)


1 comment:

  1. My soul clings to the dust;
    Revive me according to Your word.
    My soul melts from heaviness;
    Strengthen me according to Your word.
    Your word is very pure;
    Therefore Your servant loves it.
    I rejoice at Your word
    As one who finds great treasure.

    Psalm 119:25,28,140,162

    ReplyDelete