Follow by email

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

If you read nothing else, read the story of Jacob in the Bible. He was conniving even before he was born, a trickster, a liar, a cheater and a mama’s boy. He also was loving, dutiful and obedient. In sum, Jacob was human, like you and me. God blessed him and blesses us too.

Genesis 35:11
The story of Jacob: Genesis 24:19-34, Genesis 27-33, Genesis 35.
God said to him, “I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall spring from you.




2 comments:

  1. I just read the story of Jacob again, and I have never liked him. Your brief summary is both thought provoking and changed my view of Jacob. It sounds like I should ponder this more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,
      Thank you. I think God speaks to us when we read the Bible. He has opened my mind about many things, I’m so glad to hear you are pondering. Bless you. Kim

      Delete