Follow by email

Friday, August 2, 2019

Many years ago in my alcoholic distress, I would take the Holy Bible to the rose garden at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. I didn’t understand much of it, but the Psalms seemed a life line to me. It was the beginning of my gratitude for the Bible.

Psalm 25:16-18 -

Turn to me and be gracious to me, 
  for I am lonely and afflicted. 
The troubles of my heart are enlarged; 
  bring me out of my distresses. 
Consider my affliction and my trouble, 
  and forgive all my sins.

4 comments:

  1. It takes a lifetime to listen. Thanks Kim and Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really means a lot when you add the personal struggle. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts on Scripture - simple and to the point
    . When did you live in San Francisco?

    ReplyDelete