Follow by email

Sunday, October 18, 2020

I’m not down with the view that ‘fear of God’ in the Holy Bible really means ‘respect.’ He has put fear in our hearts so we don’t turn away from him. Then he makes us an everlasting covenant. I don’t think doing it our own way, with respect, and then hoping for the best, makes any sense at all.

Jeremiah 32:39-41 - 

 I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them.


I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul.

Jeremiah 32:39-41 Bible Gateway link (ESV)

2 comments:

  1. For us to say we respect the Lord rather than truly fear him is arrogance indeed.

    ReplyDelete