Follow by email

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

What is peace worth? Jacob tricked his twin brother out of everything. He had to run away from home to keep from being murdered by him. He worked in a foreign land 7 years for a wife he didn’t want, and another 7 for the wife he loved. His family was in strife his whole life. God blessed him and never abandoned him, but Jacob suffered and sacrificed, aching for peace and home. For me, suffering and sacrifice are part of being human, but the very act of reaching for God is the road home to peace.


 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to wear, so that I come again to my father's house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God, and this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God's house. And of all that you give me I will give a full tenth to you.”

Genesis 28:20-22 - Bible Gateway link

1 comment:

  1. I love this! During my prayer time, I begin with thanking the Lord that He is always available and waiting to hear from me each morning! That grace is my biggest blessing!

    ReplyDelete