Follow by email

Monday, May 6, 2013

God asks for obedience. It is far more important to Him than the rituals. Stubbornness led Saul to rejection. With the new covenant, Jesus Christ intercedes for us, but the point is valid. Obey! Don't reject the word of the Lord.

1 Samuel 15:22-26

So Samuel said:
“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.
Paul Gammadi photo: Samuel reproves Saul


For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft,
And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord,
He also has rejected you from being king.

Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned, for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord and your words, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice.

Now therefore, please pardon my sin, and return with me, that I may worship the Lord.”

But Samuel said to Saul, “I will not return with you, for you have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you from being king over Israel.”

Bible Gateway link (NKJV)

1 comment:

  1. Righteous, awesome Scripture. I can remember from childhood the memory verse, "To obey is better than sacrifice." That distills it down to the heart of the message. Thanks for sharing, Kim. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete