Follow by email

Friday, August 30, 2013

Let's try to find someone with wisdom and listen "in quiet." Maybe it is just me, but I feel weary of the "shouting of a ruler among fools."

Ecclesiastes 9:13-18
I have also seen this example of wisdom under the sun, and it seemed great to me.
There was a little city with few men in it, and a great king came against it and besieged it, building great siegeworks against it.
But there was found in it a poor, wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city. Yet no one remembered that poor man.
But I say that wisdom is better than might, though the poor man's wisdom is despised and his words are not heard.
The words of the wise heard in quiet are better than the shouting of a ruler among fools.
Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.
Bible Gateway link

2 comments:

  1. Kim, you married such a man. Brit graced us with his wisdom full time for many years. Now, we receive it only on a part time basis. He has many years of experience on which to draw, but unfortunately today's young people choose to ignore wisdom and history. Instead, they follow celebrity and false promises which they are not prepared to analyze.

    I met Brit briefly when he ushered at Tony Snow's funeral and was impressed with his decorum. Some other network journalists were treating it as a social occasion.

    And, I am not unaware of your contributions behind the scenes as well. As a viewer, and as a fan, I would like to say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I just read this to Brit. Your acknowledgement is very touching. Bless you and thanks for being so encouraging. Kim

      Delete