Follow by email

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The last thing a good man needs is to be undermined by his wife. We are so powerful as wives and we often take and hold the moral high ground over our husbands. We are sometimes just wrong. God has the moral high ground and He distributes it as He will.

Job 2:7-10
So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and struck Job with loathsome sores from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.
And he took a piece of broken pottery with which to scrape himself while he sat in the ashes.

Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die.”
But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
Bible Gateway link

2 comments:

  1. Once heard a speaker say, "I could describe my husband to you, using only facts, in such a way that you'd ask why I didn't divorce the so-and-so. I could also describe him to you, using only facts, in such a way that you might try to steal him from me." Better to focus on the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well put. I agree totally. By the way this is also a good description of how bias works. Only focusing on the facts that make your case. When it comes to my husband I now feel encouraged to be biased toward the positive. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete