Follow by email

Friday, January 17, 2014

"I have enough." When was the last time you heard that? For many of us there is never enough. Jacob and Esau were Rebekah's twins. Jacob had deceitfully taken Esau's birthright AND Isaac's fatherly blessing then ran. When they finally met again after many years, Esau forgave him and Jacob saw the face of God in his forgiveness. Both of them had enough.

Genesis 33:9-11
Simon deVos
But Esau said, “I have enough, my brother; keep what you have for yourself.”
Jacob said, “No, please, if I have found favor in your sight, then accept my present from my hand. For I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of God, and you have accepted me.
Please accept my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough.” Thus he urged him, and he took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment