Follow by email

Thursday, January 30, 2014

One of many things I love about the Bible is the language. It penetrates our culture to this day. I think our culture needs some Bible penetration! Oh, and we all need God to deliver us from the wicked, there are plenty of them, proud and fat-hearted.

Psalm 17:8-13
Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
From the wicked who oppress me,
From my deadly enemies who surround me.
They have closed up their fat hearts;
With their mouths they speak proudly.
They have now surrounded us in our steps;
They have set their eyes, crouching down to the earth,
As a lion is eager to tear his prey,
And like a young lion lurking in secret places.
Arise, O Lord,
Confront him, cast him down;
Deliver my life from the wicked with Your sword,

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to have found your blog through your husband. Thank you for sharing your joy of God's word.I look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m writing to invite you to join the new Bible Gateway Blogger Grid (BG²). If you'd like details, please email me. Thanks. Jonathan.Petersen@biblegateway.com

    ReplyDelete