Follow by email

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sometimes bad things in life lead to a good outcome. It is probably wise not to question who is in charge; you or God. You are not that creative.

Genesis 45:3-7
Then Joseph said to his brothers, “I am Joseph; does my father still live?” But his brothers could not answer him, for they were dismayed in his presence.
And Joseph said to his brothers, “Please come near to me.” So they came near. Then he said: “I am Joseph your brother, whom you sold into Egypt.
But now, do not therefore be grieved or angry with yourselves because you sold me here; for God sent me before you to preserve life.
For these two years the famine has been in the land, and there are still five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvesting.
And God sent me before you to preserve a posterity for you in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.

2 comments:

  1. So true! I also like the place in the book of Esther where her uncle told her something to the effect that she was where she was 'for such a time as this.' God knows what He's doing with our lives, even when we are blinded by fear, which is really just a lack of faith. I've had to find that out the hard way, but I sure am glad to be on the 'tears are dry now' side!

    ReplyDelete