Follow by email

Thursday, January 9, 2014

This verse changed my life. I married late and never wanted children, but at a critical moment I prayed to God to give me guidance before I was too old. I never had a child. That was God's guidance.

Genesis 18:11-15

Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing.
Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, “After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?”
And the Lord said to Abraham “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?’
Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.”
But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh,” for she was afraid.
And He said, “No, but you did laugh!”



2 comments:

  1. Faith and imagined fears are always in conflict. Fear is the common motive for lying! However, the closer faith walks with God, the more trust sees God’s truths about everything. The greater the trust, the weaker the threats! Secrets of the Lord are with those who revere Him. @larrygrowe

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's ways are so far above ours that we can have difficulty sometimes trying to understand them; when instead we should be inclining our hearts to His will. Which, it sounds like you did...

    My regards

    ReplyDelete