Follow by email

Saturday, November 21, 2020

My dear friend is in terrible straits. Covid restrictions have wiped out his livelihood and his savings. I know he needs to return to his faith, but I’m unsure how to help him. I’m praying to be used. I have total faith that God is at work.

 James 5:19-20 


My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

-James 5:19-20 Bible Gateway link (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. I think about Job-how much he had, and how he lost it all when God allowed Satan to do what He wished to test Job's faith. Losing everything can crush our faith, or it can remind us that we are strangers and pilgrims on earth (Heb 11:13). We must strive to be like Abraham whose faith remained when he didn't have an heir at age 99. God is there. We are the difference in the outcome. How often we fail to grow our faith in the better times, so it will not fail in the lean times. Prosperity allows us to become spiritually lazy so we fail when trials come to us. For me, I find it starts when I admit I don't have the answers, but I know the One who does, and I will give it to him and wait for the answer to do my part.

    ReplyDelete