Follow by email

Friday, June 18, 2021

I cried when I read this again. A few years ago I felt just as Elijah did. I asked God to let me die. God knows whether it was depression or world weariness or a blessing. But also as Elijah did, I heard a still small voice. It said, “I need you to live.” From there I have become a better person, spouse, and neighbor. I am closer to God. I share the joy of my salvation. It is enough.


But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he asked that he might die, saying, “It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” And he lay down and slept under a broom tree. And behold, an angel touched him and said to him, “Arise and eat.”

1 Kings 19:4-5 Bible Gateway Link

(For context) 1 Kings 19:4-18 - Biblegateway link: RSVCE

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have stumbled upon your blog, Kim. I just recently learned about your story. People, like you, who have grit...and God...have so much to offer this broken world. I look forward to exploring your site.

    Many blessings to you, Kim.

    Susan

    P.S. I love Bible Studies, too!

    ReplyDelete