Follow by email

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Meditating on today’s Gospel I found myself loving my late father. The 91st anniversary of his birth was this week, and it’s been 21 years since he died. However flawed, however complicated the relationship, he taught me many things. One was that I could be anything I wanted to be. In today’s Gospel, Joseph got the word that it was important to stick with Mary, to be a father to Jesus and Joseph trusted God. In my life, I successfully shot for the stars, I thought that was what I wanted, but I only found emptiness. I finally trusted God and he tells me everyday through Scripture what matters and what doesn’t. It turns out that I CAN be whatever I want to be, and that is a child of God. I miss you Dad.

 

My Dad as a boy

Matthew 1:20-21 

But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”

Matthew 1:20-21 ESV Bible Gateway link



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing about your relation with your father. I was blessed with a godly father whom I also had a wonderful and caring, protective relationship with here on earth. God, our Father in heaven is the Father who I look to since 1972.

    ReplyDelete