Follow by email

Saturday, May 10, 2014

I broke down in tears yesterday singing Amazing Grace. God gives steadfast love to both the wounded and the joyful. He asks for our praise and he asks for our obedience. Need a refuge? Sing and obey.

Psalm 59:16-17
But I will sing of your strength;
  I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the   morning.
For you have been to me a fortress 
  and a refuge in the day of my distress.
O my Strength, I will sing praises to you,
  for you, O God, are my fortress,
  the God who shows me steadfast love.


5 comments:

  1. I read you occasionally and your insights and faith are always so encouraging. I wondered if you've ever read Corrie ten Booms' the Hiding Place and the sequel, Tramp for the Lord? When I became a Christian 30 yrs ago, my husband and I read her and I've purposed to read them again in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read "The Hiding Place." It is the best Holocaust story I have read. Born-again Christians risking their lives to save Jews. You don't hear that much in Holocaust literature. Also, the first people Hitler put in prisons were evangelicals who opposed him early on.

    ReplyDelete