Follow by email

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Isn't this lovely: "Righteousness and peace have kissed."

Psalm 85:8-13

I will hear what God the Lord will speak,

For He will speak peace

To His people and to His saints;

But let them not turn back to folly.

Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him,

That glory may dwell in our land.

Mercy and truth have met together;

Righteousness and peace have kissed.

Truth shall spring out of the earth,

And righteousness shall look down from heaven.

Yes, the Lord will give what is good;

And our land will yield its increase.

Righteousness will go before Him,

And shall make His footsteps our pathway.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm85:8-13&version=NKJV


5 comments:

  1. Kim, my Daddy passed away 2 weeks ago. How do I live without him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psalm 20 helps me. Excerpts: May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble, May He send help from the sanctuary and strengthen you. Another one that helps when I need hope for help is all of Psalm 81. Your wound is still fresh from only 2 weeks ago, and I pray the Lord will heal it quickly, as you allow Him to comfort you.

      Delete
    2. My other reply should have said Psalm 91. God bless you.

      Delete
    3. Dear Anonymous,
      My Daddy died several years ago, I felt the same way: How can I live without him? You know, I dream about him often and when I wake up, I thank God for letting me spend some time with him. I would never have imagined in a million years that it would work that way. But for me it does. I am always so happy to spend time with my Dad in my dreams, and unlike in life, it is always sweet and pleasant. It is yet another perfect gift from God.
      Bless you.
      Love,
      Kim

      Delete
  2. You are right! All of His word is lovely but this is particularly beautiful; it makes me want to sing it!

    ReplyDelete