Follow by email

Sunday, November 7, 2021

I grew up in an old growth forest on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I love trees. I wrote poems about trees. This verse from Ezekiel is a foreshadowing of Christ and it is a reminder that God is in charge. I love the idea of being a tiny flitting bird nesting with my family in Christ’s shade.

Ezekiel 17:22-24 -



Thus says the Lord God: “I myself will take a sprig from the lofty top of the cedar and will set it out. I will break off from the topmost of its young twigs a tender one, and I myself will plant it on a high and lofty mountain. On the mountain height of Israel will I plant it, that it may bear branches and produce fruit and become a noble cedar. And under it will dwell every kind of bird; in the shade of its branches birds of every sort will nest. And all the trees of the field shall know that I am the Lord; I bring low the high tree, and make high the low tree, dry up the green tree, and make the dry tree flourish. I am the Lord ; I have spoken, and I will do it.”

Bible Gateway link: Ezekiel 17:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment