Follow by email

Monday, November 1, 2021

In the past when I heard Bible readings in church, the words would alight and then fly away. Now in my continuing study of the Holy Bible, I try to digest God’s word, really metabolize it into my being. I am more humble now. I am wiser. Nothing has ever nourished me more or kept me healthier.

 Ezekiel 3:2-3

So I opened my mouth, and he (God) gave me this scroll to eat. And he said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.” Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey.

Bible Gateway link: Ezekiel 3:2-3 (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. The word that was sweet was also bitter. The sweetness of God's message of hope is tempered by the realization of my own sins; God is holy, and I am but a sinner. I must learn to be like israel in Neh 8, when the law was read and the understood their sins--they were told not to mourn because the joy of the Lord is their strength. In His salvation I find deliverance from the sins that cause me to fall. I must rise up and walk again in faith knowing my sins have been forgiven in Christ.

    ReplyDelete