Follow by email

Thursday, December 12, 2013

It is easy to be near to God when you are hurt and small and need saving. When you are fat and happy, not so much. We must listen to this: don't forget him. Besides him, "there is no savior."

Hosea 13:4-6
But I am the Lord your God
from the land of Egypt;
you know no God but me,
and besides me there is no savior.
It was I who knew you in the wilderness,
in the land of drought;
but when they had grazed, they became full,
they were filled, and their heart was lifted up;
therefore they forgot me.

1 comment:

  1. Self-sufficiency is as destructive today as it was in Hosea's time. The idols of material prosperity and social position feeds our pride, makes us forgetful of God. We cannot by ourselves stop a downhill slide into a public political wilderness of instability. Like smoke, we drift through life, oblivious to miracles of creation. That is until we begin to depend upon the Giver of our gifts. @larrygrowe


    ReplyDelete